Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekly Prescriptions: 7/27

expr:id='"post-" + data:post.id' >


Welcome to yet another edition of your favorite weekly blog posting: Weekly Prescriptions with your host, Doctor Dozer. I'm coming off a hell of a weekend, and I'm going to do all I can to inspire you to share my joy as we enter a new week. And the Yankees won. And great weather for the beach. I am tan in a way my computer can never make me. Anyway, here are your weekly doses of Dozer. Love them.

1. Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter 2
I clicked the "Ready" button thinking I'd be able to tool around with an old fighting game that I didn't remember playing. Something SuperNES or Sega Genesis style. Instead, I got to watch a great short film about love and bravery and honor all done with 4 simple characters (cough 5) from the games Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. Stick it out at least until the fighting scenes start. It's just really awesome from then on. You won't be disappointed.

2. Side View
I thought this was pretty clever. Basically, you enter a word or name and the program spits out a way to create it in 3D so that from one side it is your word and from a perspective 90 degrees to the right it looks like a different word. I tried some myself and got a few very appropriate results. Try "DocDozer," "DocDozerf" (that was a typo, but it's perfect), and SOBDD. Fun for about five minutes, but I'm not promising anything MORE than that so you can't get mad at me.

3. Best Doo Doo Pie Story... Ever
Maybe it's wrong of me to hype this story up so much, but I really had a good time reading it. It starts slow, setting tone, mood, scene. Then things start to build up (in his bowels) and all of the sudden there is action... stinky, dirty action. Just read it through. Sure the guy is over the top sometimes, but deal with it. And whether it happened or not, it's a great read. If it were true, could you even handle an image accompanying the story? I think not.

4. Graffiti Tag
The absurdity of this comic is fantastic. It's worth the 15 seconds it will take to click and read. I won't spend any more time describing it. Just read it already!

5. Realistic Lego Portrait
I simply appreciate the artist's depiction of the subject. At first, it seems like some abstract figure, but after maybe 3 seconds, you'll have one of those "Ohhhhh" moments. Nice job, dude.

6. Carveboard
I've dabbled in surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding, roller blading. All of it. But this thing is friggin' awesome. I frequently take late night skates around campus on my longboard (no, I'm not a weirdo hippie), but taking this thing out and around campus to dominate hills would be awesome. Innovative and neat. Take a look.

7. The Path Ahead
Just a little foreshadowing. A little taste of what you can expect the rest of the week, the rest of the summer, the rest of the year, the rest of... everything. Don't stop, get it, get it.

The Doctor

No comments: