Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekly Prescriptions: 7-20

expr:id='"post-" + data:post.id' >


Welcome back from a long week of the grind, people. It's nice to have you here. Living up to the nerd standards that SoBDD proposed, I, too, saw The Dark Knight this weekend and may have something in store for you regarding it. Just not yet. So for now, take what he said and run with it. In other news, it's been almost 100 degrees over the course of this week's end, and that sucks. But hey! Stick around, and we'll get you some things to help you through these truly dog days of summer. Picks after the jump.

1. Running for Office: Steve Tevis
I don't know this man. I don't know much about Kansas (Dorothy?). And I certainly don't know much about the office of State Representative there. But I know this: I like this guy. I like what he stands for, but more importantly how he stands for it. As Obama is doing now, Tevis is trying to point out the failures of the political system. Name recognition wins elections. Obama, however, has been doing what most Democrats love to do: saying one thing and doing the other. They're rich but claim to be champions for the poor to bring down the rich. They claim to want to help the environment, but cannot do anything to limit their own pollution and energy consumption(Al "Faggot Baby-Toucher" Gore). And in Obama's case, he's against traditional politics but PLAYS THE GAME THAT THEY ALL PLAY! This guy, though, really is operating outside of our traditional political system. He's doing what he says he's going to do right out of the gate. Making comics, referencing xkcd for Pete's sake! I hope he wins, I really do.

2. Time For Some Campaignin'
I had one more video for you guys while we're on our political stint. This one is a nice sing-along video from the guys at Jib Jab highlighting the current state of national politics in the United States. Take a gander. It might take a second viewing to get a legitimate chuckle out of you, but definitely worth a look. I loved the Barack part. The voice actor, the unicorns, and the... what is it he's about again? Take a look for reminding.

3. Toilet Paper: Over or Under?
If you haven't discovered this already, I'm a guy that's relatively certain he's correct about basically everything. Even in those timeless debates where people adamantly disagree with the other side. Like the "couldn't care less" versus "could care less" debate. Teh-may-toe versus teh-mah-toe. Overhand rolling toilet paper versus underhand. Regarding the last one, I was an overhand guy through and through, sometimes threatening my mother with knives when she did it wrong. I never knew what my reasons were though... until now. The guys over at Current Configuration did a fantastic job explaining this important life lesson for everyone. They use diagrams and professional language to express what I've always known deep down: underhanded toilet paper is for the fruits.

4. Gonzo Journalism
This picture has made me laugh, giggle, or smile like a little boy every time I've looked at it. Maybe it's something about feeling so close to Gonzo. Or maybe it's the outfit of a shuffle-board playing Floridian retiree (which gets me thinking this may be a "this is what Gonzo's doing now" shot, which is totally awesome). Or maybe it's the filtered cigarette, which is so out-of-right-field that I can't fathom who thought of it. Or maybe it's his drooping-dick nose. I also love Animal here. God bless the Muppets and whoever thought up this photograph.

5. Hidden Kitten Attack
I'm going to end this week with a parade of cuteness. I know, it seems uncharacteristic of your cock-showing, boob-squeezing creep of a doctor, but sometimes my heartstrings need tugging, just like my.... yeah. So to start us off, here is a kitten sneak-attacking his owner. I mean, if you're capable of not smiling every time he retreats back into his prime, Rambo-esque ambush location, I doubt you have a pulse. I mean, I don't even know how to describe the cuteness. Go watch this now, then go steal your friends cat and make it do the same thing. If it can't, shoot it in the head (artificial toughness to balance the world out).

6. Faces of the Earth
This is a list of photographs of things that resemble faces. From sink faucets to car front ends, they don't miss a beat. Maybe not as cute as the sneak-attack kitten, but it should elicit a grin or smirk from our more light-hearted readers. My favorites are definitely the second and third pictures...

7. Feet
Last but not least, one of the cutest/most romantic photos I've seen in a while. I tried describing it to a friend of mine earlier and realized there was nothing I could possibly do to sound any more gay. So I'll leave you with this: the implications of this simple, black and white photo aren't anything profound, but maybe that's the point. A simple photo with a simple implication, a simple message, and a simple x in the corner to escape when you can no longer stand the emotion of it all.

Hope you enjoyed taking those meds half as much as I enjoyed prescribing them. If there's any undesirable side effects, talk to blogsquatch. He'd love to nurse most any guy or girl back to full health.

Rx: Take each pill once every 6 hours on a full stomach
Signed: Doctor Dozer

(I accept good blowies as payment)

No comments: