Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekly Prescriptions 6/29/08

expr:id='"post-" + data:post.id' >

Welcome back folks. Hope it was a good week. I hope my remedies for your maladies (your boring life and your ugliness...jk) were helpful. Oh, they were? I don't even know why I asked because, after all, I am the Doctor, and the Doctor knows best. For this week, another treasure trove of web gems (no, not the web gems on ESPN, the ones that StumbleUpon shows me). The picks come after the jump. And you'd best take your time to view them, because they are hilarious and moving as always.

1. Today's Big Thing
This is a site that, apparently has something cool that's NOW on the internet for that day. I can't attest to the quality of the site over time, but today's (Sunday's) was in fact pretty well done. That girl may not have boobies, but she's one of the most impressive I've seen all week. But I would beat her ass in any sport, contest, or anything physical at all. But I am the friggin' Doctor, mind you, so don't think you're necessarily better than her.

2. xkcd
If you haven't heard of xkcd already, you are simply missing out on the best web comic ever. It is clever, funny, and nerdy as hell. I linked you to one that is sort of pertinent given the atrocious cost of gas these days, but feel free to read every single one. It is definitely worth your time and effort. And if you're like me, you have absolutely nothing better to do.

3. Coca-Cola
I'm no graphic designer or anything, but as SoBDD and I know, it is simplicity and a certain "classic" look that makes any design great. For us, we like to apply that logic to sports uniforms most directly (we are avid fans of UniWatch), but I still no how to appreciate genius design when I see it. And unless you've been under a rock for the best decade, you've probably noticed the tendency in all things design to get away from "classic" and move towards something called "trendy" or "modern." I would say leave that to the messenger-bag-toting flannel-wearing hippies of our time that love muted colors and different shoes. What the average consumer and design fan can appreciate is class and simplicity, and I think this short article, whether this is actually the new face of Coca-Cola or not, can show us.

4. Cute Penguins
A short and sweet dose of doctor love, this is just a really cute ass picture. I'm a huge fan of lolcatz and cute dogs with human-like expression being assigned quotes, but this one doesn't need a quote. Just a cute picture of a cute couple. Lovely.

5. Wedding Test
This last one is to leave you smirking and/or laughing. A compact little joke to send you off with. If it doesn't make you laugh, be sure to not let me know. I don't care if you can or cannot find the humor in a tasteless joke about marriage. Haha infidelity. Yes, it's wrong, but that just makes it funnier. That may or may not be true, but read it, have a laugh, and bother me never.

Alright folks, hopefully that will get you through the next 30 minutes of your lives. But let the emotions these modest websites elicit within you carry you from this evening through Friday. It's a long week, but keeping laughter, joy, and love in mind can only make it easier. And that's what the Doctor ordered.

Rx - Laugh and smile and dance and love. As much as possible. All the time.
Signed,
Doctor Dozer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]BJZVLZQNLqNB[/url] - lmcqnCEQlfzXCYdNj - http://yuxeflk.com