Monday, August 11, 2008

WTF Russia

expr:id='"post-" + data:post.id' >

So I thought I would take a moment and speak about something besides technology today. Late last week violence broke out in the separatist region of Georgia known as South Ossetia. Now for those not familiar with this area the politics and history of it are almost as complicated as those of Israel and Palestine and I don't think I could possibly scratch the surface. What I would like to talk about is the possible future impactions of this. The Russian aggression in this region reeks of pre-1990s Soviet policy. The popularity of Putin and his party have never been greater as he regions Russia to its former greatness. The question that remains how long will the west stand by on the side lines and allow this second coming of the iron curtain to go unopposed. Now while I do not like either candidate in this fall's upcoming election, I do feel that if Obama get elected Russia aggression will continue and it will be unchecked. This is one region of the world that will be interesting to watch as the years go on.

No comments: