Monday, August 11, 2008

Michael, Shut the Phelps Up

expr:id='"post-" + data:post.id' >


I love the Olympics. America flexes its superior muscles, we get to see some sweet sports that are hard to find on cable, and some amazing things happen. Like last night, when the Americans took the men's 4x100 freestyle relay in swimming, beating the French (who had promised victory) by less than a tenth of a second. But some things, such as what went on last night and all day today, make me sick. What, exactly, is that, you ask? Well, find out after the jump.

I hate the excessive amount of coverage that Michael Phelps has gotten since winning his second gold medal. Yes he's our best Olympian and yes he's going for 8 golds in Beijing, but if I see another picture of him flexing his abs on NBC before the Olympics are over, I'll pulverize his svelte pelvis. I mean, one of these images is fine:

But this has been shown every half hour on NBC. I mean, the guy is cute and everything, but show him winning, not standing on the deck cheering...

And this...

I mean, show the guy winning, show him getting the medal, show the frames of our swimmer's hand hitting the wall just before the Frenchie. But please, one more shot of the shirtless hunk and I'll piss vomit.

Think about that: pissing vomit. Yeah, gross.

1 comment:

Sons of Big Daddy Drew said...

So I take it you only like it when America figuratively flexes its superior muscles?

Anyway, it's not Phelps' fault he's been cast into the media spotlight. It's not like he'd played the will-I-retire-won't-I-retire-I've-decided-I'm-going-to-retire-no-wait-now-I'm-thinking-about-changing-my-mind-and-yup-there-it-is-now-I'm-going-to-unretire game for the last four years. All the dude does is win swim races.

Finally, all the credit in the world to Jason Lezak. His time, even with the conventional relay adjustment of adding .6, would've broken the world record by half a second. Insanity.