Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'm Lost because of Lost

expr:id='"post-" + data:post.id' >

Hello, hello, ladies and gentleman. Welcome, welcome.

I just wanted to start my blogging career off with a quick word about Lost. It's on tonight, so we'll start there.

I started watching about this time last year. I watched three seasons in two weeks, and then had withdrawals for, what, nine months? Too damned long, however much time it was. Anyway, the show was fascinating, and I fell in love with it. Or became obsessed and had to know what would happen, whether I was thoroughly entertained or not.

A lot has gone on between when I caught up at around episode 18 last year and now. We find out they're getting off the island. People in helicopters and ships are looking for them. But do we really know anything? No. Which is why I'm going to make some absurd conjectures and see what happens.



We already know that Jack, Hugo, Kate, Sayid and Aaron make it off the island as members of the Oceanic 6. Ben is scary.That leaves one more person that will be getting off. I'd have said Sawyer, but after his comments a couple weeks ago, looks like he's not interested. Desmond and Juliette weren't on the flight, so they shouldn't be considered, unless the show isn't playing by the rules. So, I'm going to guess that... Sun makes it off. I just can't see it being Claire or Sawyer or Locke, and she's due for a flashback/forward episode.

The more we think about the Oceanic 6, though, the more my thoughts come to rest on the funeral at season 3's finale. Who was Jack seeing off that no one else would be interested in paying respects to? Was that the 6th person? If that is the Oceanic 6th and no one attends the funeral, does that make it Sawyer or Locke, someone no one would care for? Did the other survivors kill someone that was no longer willing to go along with their story?

And what's with that story anyway? What are they protecting? What horrible thing did they do to get off the island that they must never tell anyone? HOW THE HELL DID KATE STEAL AARON?!? Dammit this is frustrating.

Other thoughts:

We'll never be told anything about the black smoke.

That time travel stuff is VERY scary. What the hell is going on with the missiles and now the helicopter? Hopefully they let us know where the hell Sayid is and what's going on with him. Should be cool to see something of this damned ship.

The more I write, the more frustrated I get at not knowing a damned thing about what's really going on here. Those writer sons of bitches. TELL US SOMETHING!

All this writing makes me miss the greatest show on television, Heroes, more and more. When is that coming back? I hope soon.

Oh, and Breaking Bad is a phenomenal show that no one else I know is watching. More on that in my next post.

Yours,

Doctor Dozer

No comments: