Wednesday, February 27, 2008

expr:id='"post-" + data:post.id' >

When Doctor Dozer told me Blogsquatch was starting a blog, I jumped at the chance to be involved. A platform where I could write about what I want, how I want, when I want? Sign me up. You see, about a month ago, on this very site--Blogger, that is, not BIBTTP--I had created Shank Shank--a site dedicated to chronicling the inane ramblings of Dan "The Curly-Haired Boyfriend" Shaughnessy--but the subject was inherently limited, and besides, I stopped once I realized I would have to read Shaugnessy's stuff every day. Before that, I'd tried my hand at blogging, writing a weekly newsletter/power rankings type piece for my fantasy football league, but there, the audience was inherently limited. So, here, in the debonair, suave, and, thankfully-not-the-least-bit-blurry-so-we-can-enjoy-him- in-all-his-handsome-goodness form of Blogsquatch, was my chance to get my voice heard by the masses. Or at least by a couple of bored kids clicking "Next Blog" in the little Blogger window. But I'd take what I could get.

But that voice, the voice so aching to get out, the voice the masses so needed to hear, what was that voice? I mean, what do I have to say that hasn't been said before? The internet is a huge place--or series of tubes, if you prefer--and if you're on it enough to have discovered our lonely little corner of the web, you've probably already seen what I'm going to be writing, only done crisper, funnier, and more succinctly. (Never use a large word when a diminutive one will suffice, that's my motto.) Our blog name--Bigfoot Is Blurry, That's The Problem--is lifted right out of a Mitch Hedberg sketch. Our informal blog motto--a blog about nothing--is stolen straight from "Seinfeld". Hell, even my blogging name, Sons of Big Daddy Drew, owes it paternity--Get it? Paternity?--to someone else out there.

So why do this at all? The masses--if we can ever aspire to have masses at this site--they've heard it before, no? Are we nothing more than rebels without a cause, writers with nothing to say, kids with no voice of their own? I'd like to think not, otherwise I wouldn't've been so excited to be doing this. But maybe that's exactly what we are. And when it comes right down to it, there's nothing wrong with that. So what's it going to be? Your guess is as good as mine. Why don't you stick around and find out?

No comments: